GigaIO provides disruptive interconnect technology to extend PCIe outside the server and across racks to achieve game-changing performance, scalability, and composability for Advanced Scale Computing used in AI/ML/DL, advanced analytics and high-performance computing. The Fabrex™ PCIe Switch interconnect breaks the server boundary to connect dozens to hundreds of heterogeneous compute engines (CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs), RDMA Memories, and NVMe storage devices (SSDs) into dynamically composable, high-performance computing systems.
FPGA Design Engineer, Principal/Senior Principal
We are seeking a senior-level FPGA Design Engineer with strong capabilities in system and RTL-level design. This person will be the lead FPGA and system design engineer at GigaIO, developing network infrastructure switches and HBAs to achieve world-leading switched PCIe network performance and infrastructure agility (composability). You will play an integral role in developing new and innovative technologies and products and serve as technical leader for other engineers.
- Approximately 10 years proven experience as a senior-level FPGA Design Engineer with a consistent record of developing FPGAs from concept to production.
- Direct experience with Xilinx FPGA tool chain.
- Strong capabilities with Verilog or VHDL RTL and overall system design.
- Experience with design of FPGA with embedded processor (SoC)
- Conversant with architecture generation to meet system performance requirements
- Experience with processor peripheral interfaces (UART, I2C, SPI, and high-speed serial I/F’s).
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills using digital oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and protocol analyzers.
- Experience with high speed serdes designs, AXI and SDRAM memory interfaces.
- Ability to lead other engineers, creating constructive relationships
- high competency + imperceptible ego + good communicator == leader
- Thorough, focused, methodical, and good documentation habits
- Excellent conversational and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience with a network product/system and preferably at the switch level; not just experience with system level program
- Experience with industry-standard PCI Express and Ethernet protocols.
- Background in ASIC design/verification.
- Understanding of low-level software, firmware and/or drivers in C or C++.
- BS degree (MS is preferable) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Back to Careers Page