Linux Driver Engineers
GigaIO is a new stealth start-up working in the high performance networking, compute and storage infrastructure space. We are opening offices in Orange County, CA and San Diego County, CA, bringing together a world-class team that is passionate about disrupting the billion-dollar legacy markets we address. We continually experiment, learn, adapt and extend because we are on the leading edge of our markets.
We are looking for Linux Driver Engineers to help build our software platform and focus on the network, storage and virtualization layers of our applications. High-Performance Linux Drivers and Libraries are central to our mission.
This job requires:
- Strong Linux architecture knowledge
- Knowledge of Linux drivers and kernel space programming
- Experience writing Linux device drivers for high-performance I/O devices, such as NVMe, OFED (InfiniBand, RoCE, iWARP) or DPDK.
- Proficient in C/C++
- Familiar with Bash and Python/Perl (or any similar scripting languages)
- Passionate about efficiency – in your code, in system performance, in procedure
- Strong knowledge about Networking, OpenVSwitch and similar technologies
- Experience with virtualization & cloud infrastructure technologies
- B.S degree in computer science, engineering or related technical discipline
By the way:
- Know that occasionally, you’ll probably be fixing something from home in your sweats…
Even better with:
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with scale-out storage and/or related fields
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking paradigms
- Familiar with hypervisors – mainly VMWare, KVM, Xen and Hyper-V
- Have knowledge about Windows (Server)
- Experience with PCI Express and single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV)
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Careers Page