GigaIO is a new start-up working on the leading edge of high-performance networking, compute and storage infrastructure space. We have offices in San Diego County, CA, bringing together a world-class team that is passionate about disrupting the billion-dollar legacy markets we address. We continually experiment, learn, adapt and extend because we are on the leading edge of our markets.
We are looking for Senior Linux Kernel/Driver Engineers that have a passion for working at the leading edge of both hardware and software technology, stretching the bounds of PCI Express and the Linux operating system to create a new paradigm for solving complex HPC problems in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and others. With the volume of data that is generated in today’s IOT age, HPC problems are at the forefront of effectively all industries, from complex financial analysis to the medical profession where researchers look for new and more effective ways to diagnose and attack complex health related issues.
We need Engineers to help build our platform with a focus on network, storage, and virtualization layers, while extracting the highest performance possible. High performance device drivers and HPC libraries are central to our mission to take advantage of our unique network memory architecture.
This job requires:
- Strong Linux architecture knowledge, particularly of the I/O infrastructure.
- Proficiency in C.
- Knowledge of Linux drivers and kernel space programming.
- Desire and drive to learn new technology, and willingness to wear different hats as you contribute in different areas of technology.
- BS degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of development experience in systems software.
- Experience writing Linux device drivers for high-performance I/O devices, such as NVMe, OFED (InfiniBand, RoCE, iWARP) or DPDK.
- Experience with GPUs for general purpose usage, GPU Direct RDMA.
- Experience with HPC MPI standards, MPICH, MVAPICH, LibFabric.
- Experience with PCI Express and single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) a plus.
- Experience with open source community initiatives a plus.
- MS degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline.Even better with:
By the way:
- Know that occasionally, you’ll probably be fixing something from home in your sweats…
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Back to Careers Page