Embedded Linux Engineers
GigaIO is looking for a highly motivated, creative, and skilled Python engineer to make lion’s share contributions to the development of our PCIe Fabric. This role is at the center of our technology and is responsible for Fabric Management as well as switch control applications through REST APIs. The successful candidate is expected to be self-driven with an ability to get things done on tight schedules.
As a part of the Engineering Team, this role contributes to the production of GigaIO product offerings. A successful Python Developer will have a passion for designing and implementing micro-service based applications using Python and related frameworks, particularly Flask. The successful candidate will be comfortable with object oriented design principles and implementation details, be strongly familiar with Linux, and be comfortable navigating and refactoring existing code bases.
- Build applications using various Python/Linux/MySQL development tools using object oriented techniques.
- Develop program logic for new applications or modify logic in existing applications
- Manage, develop, integrate and implement related application components, server-side development and database integrations
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensure system improvements are successfully implemented
- Analyze requirements and translates business requirements into product designs
- Suggest technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations
- Develop well-conceived unit tests
- Develop Redfish REST APIs
- Write clear documentation, and keep source well ordered and maintained in GIT Repository.
- 3+ years of experience building web applications with Python
- 2+ years of experience with building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience in MySQL and database design
- Experience with Flask or similar framework
- Experience with data structures and algorithms
- Experience in writing web services and familiarity with Redfish and Open API
- Comfort with rapid development cycles, tight schedules, and integration with product management
- Proficiency in C or C++ is desirable
- Knowledge of PCIe is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Linux, Linux Kernel Modules and their interfaces
- Understand the intricacies of DOM and have command over the APIs, including their performance implications
- Desire to own the implementation of feature sets as a whole
- Respond quickly to changing business needs and roll out functionality in small increments
- Display expert level knowledge of core Python
- Be a self-starter who loves to innovate
- Have a passion for clean, simple design
- Be willing to mentor other engineers
GigaIO is a high-tech startup company offering flexibility and benefits located in Carlsbad.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- REST APIs: 2 years (Preferred)
- Python: 3 years (Required)
- Linux OS
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Back to Careers Page