HARDWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
TITLE: HARDWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
LOCATION: CARLSBAD, CA
Who We Are:
GigaIO has invented the first truly composable universal dynamic infrastructure fabric, empowering users to accelerate workloads on-demand, using industry-standard PCI Express/soon CXL technology. As a global leader in Composable Infrastructure (CI), our open platform allows users to effortlessly manage and configure “physical” bare metal server systems in seconds. GigaIO’s FabreX™ open architecture allows users to configure their physical server infrastructure on-the-fly while enabling true datacenter disaggregation.
Does getting in on the ground floor of a data center technology that is disrupting the computing, HPC, and AI industry make your heartbeat a little faster? Does the excitement of joining a team of exceptionally talented and motivated technologists at a well-funded, startup sound attractive?
What You Will Do:
GigaIO is looking for a driven, motivated Hardware Engineering Program Manager to help lead all the hardware development/delivery programs. The Hardware Manager will manage programs of global scope, impact, and complexity through all lifecycle phases. This role manages interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders and holds decision-making authority at the program level. The Hardware Program Manager handles cross-organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity or broad scope and moderate complexity, usually managing a core team that manages functionally specific teams.
- High tech industry experience with a track record of hands-on product development, program management, project management or engineering management.
- Define product requirements in conjunction with Product Development team.
- Sets the direction for programs directly related to corporate policies or essential business operations to meet strategic goals of significance.
- Leads the core team and guides the performance of functional teams.
- Serves as the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally and externally.
- Assigns overall tasks to others, managing general areas of responsibility in support of program goals.
- Exercises judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles, and redefine approaches.
- Supports all Hardware lab-related activities.
- Oversees the identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs, assigns resources and communicates expectations to core team members.
- Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule.
- Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals.
- Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met.
- Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate.
- Uses an advanced understanding of the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined program and utilizes knowledge to accelerate project completion.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant technical fields with 9+ years of experience OR a master’s degree and 6+ years of experience in Program or Engineering Management.
- Expert in Program Management concepts and methodology.
- Knowledge of both HW and SW development concepts and expertise in HW program execution.
- A track record of successful delivery of complex programs.
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration, vendor management.
- Excellent presentation and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Able to balance multiple projects with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to discern and manage business requirements and projects with competing priorities.
- Develop and drive day-to-day initiative efforts, including cross-functional meetings, action items, data management, and reporting.
- Consolidate and validate data from multiple sources to drive intelligent decision making.
- Experience in PCIe and high-speed digital serial data physical layer design & testing a plus.
- Familiarity with signal integrity (theory and practical measurement techniques) a plus.