Linux System Programmer
LOCATION: REMOTE IN THE US
About GigaIO Networks:
GigaIO provides disruptive interconnect technology to extend PCIe outside the server and across racks to achieve game-changing performance, scalability, and composability for Advanced Scale Computing used in AI/ML/DL, advanced analytics, and high-performance computing. The Fabrex™ PCIe Switch interconnect breaks the server boundary to connect dozens to hundreds of heterogeneous compute engines (CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs), RDMA Memories, and NVMe storage devices (SSDs) into dynamically composable, high-performance computing systems.
In addition, GigaIO extends PCIe into an inter-server routable switched fabric, enabling unparalleled performance for inter-server communications protocols such as MPI, Libfabric, NVMe-oF, and GPU Direct RDMA (GDR). GigaIO provides host-to-host, host-to-device, and device-to-device communication, all with the same PCIe-based fabric, for highest performance, complete server disaggregation, and flexible dynamic device composition.
What You will Do:
We are seeking an engineer, from senior to principal level, with experience in Linux system software and system management software development. You will develop industry-changing switch management and composability features for GigaIO’s PCIe switch products, exposed via standard APIs (e.g., Redfish). You will serve as a key contributor in developing network infrastructure switches to achieve world leading switched PCIe network performance and infrastructure agility (composability).
Highly Desired (If you have experience in 2 or more of these areas, we want to talk to you):
- 3 to 10+ years of experience as a Linux System and/or System Management Programmer.
- Expertise in medium to large scale Python development.
- Redfish Development experience (highly desired).
- Familiarity with FLASK or ZMQ.
- Network Application/Distributed System Development.
- Experience with Security (PKI) development in a Linux environment.
- Object Oriented Design/Architecture experience.
- Experience with operating system kernel and/or driver development.
- Experience with industry-standard PCI Express and Ethernet protocols.
Wants (again, more is better, but some is ok):
- Development experience with BMC firmware, OpenBMC, IPMI, SNMP, KVM
- Expertise in C development.
- General knowledge of some of these protocols/frameworks: SNMP, HTTPS, LDAP, SMTP, NTP, SSDP, UEFI, FLASK, SSL, ZMQ
- Working knowledge of motherboard technologies such as PCIe, SMBus, USB, UART, SPI, I2C
- Working knowledge of server technologies such as RAS
- Thorough, focused, methodical, with good documentation habits, and an ability to thrive in a team environment.
- BS degree (MS is preferable) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- $110,000 – $170,000 Depends on Experience
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Careers Page