Quality Assurance Test Engineer
LOCATION: CARLSBAD, CA
Who We Are:
GigaIO has invented the first truly composable universal dynamic infrastructure fabric, empowering users to accelerate workloads on-demand, using industry-standard PCI Express/soon CXL technology. As a global leader in Composable Infrastructure (CI), our open platform allows users to effortlessly manage and configure “physical” bare metal server systems in seconds. GigaIO’s FabreX™ open architecture allows users to configure their physical server infrastructure on-the-fly while enabling true datacenter disaggregation.
Does getting in on the ground floor of a data center technology that is disrupting the computing, HPC, and AI industry make your heartbeat a little faster? Does the excitement of joining a team of exceptionally talented and motivated technologists at a well-funded, startup sound attractive?
What You Will Do:
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Test Engineer to join our team and support the validation of our software and hardware products. This role will work with the hardware engineering teams for early stage bring-up and validation efforts, with software teams to evaluate integrated system performance, test and characterize HW/SW interaction, as well as with the production test teams to develop effective production screens for system level issues. This includes generating test programs and automation scripting, as well as data collection and failure analysis. The individual selected for the position needs to be proactive, able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, enthusiastic to work at times as an individual contributor and be passionate about delivering quality work.
- A strong understanding of testing on both software and hardware exemplified through prior work experience and/or demonstrated technical skills
- Proficient with system integration and test on a UNIX or Linux platform
- Test automation experience or sufficient test scripting skills in a common scripting language such as Perl, Ruby or Python
- Ability to learn quickly, work with limited direction, and be self motivated
- Excellent conversational, written communication and presentation skills
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or Technical School for Programming with 5+ years experience
- Proficient in developing Test Procedures at the appropriate levels through requirements identification, analysis, documentation, and tracking
- Experience working with a team using Agile and sprints
- Proficiency with configuration management tools (Git preferred)
- Experience with DevOps tools and processes
- $90,000 – $110,000 Depends on Experience