The Regional Sales Director is responsible for building, pursuing and closing sales engagements with customers and channels to build a continuous revenue stream. This position is also responsible for developing strategic and tactical customer engagements and sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction. The Sales Director owns and orchestrates the customer relationship and respectively the commercial and contractual interactions between the companies. The Sales Director is accountable for and measured on business development targets as well as order and revenue intake.
The essential functions will consist of, but not limited to the following:
- Prospects and develops relationships with new and existing customers to identify growth opportunities;
- Ensures continuous prospecting activities and pipeline development sufficient to support achievement of sales revenue goals;
- Builds, develops and manages sales engagements and a multi-functional virtual team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives;
- Ensure communications are coordinated, supports and delivers sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with set budgets;
- Develop the annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives;
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices;
- Recommends sales strategies for improvements based on market research and competitor analyses;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Background in computer science, electrical engineering or equivalent with ideally a supplementary business education/degree;
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ sales experience in the high-tech industry, ideally with a HW and SW vendor, network/data center supplier.
- At least 3 years of line/virtual team management experience with experience of leading and managing customer projects;
- Direct end customer as well as channel sales/management;
- Building and managing senior customer and partner relationships;
- Building and pursuing new business opportunities;
- Closing business in a complex customer and technical environment;
- Working and succeeding in a small technology company or start-up;
- Must have outstanding customer/partner relationships and relationship skills;
- Must have full command of various sales techniques;
- Knowledge of the high tech industry in the data center, network technology and high performance computing space.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully identify and pursue new business opportunities and work diligently with customers to close deals;
- A developed understanding of what it takes to close a deal, ideal steps to get there, and the probability and timing of closing business;
- A self-motivated, self-managed and organized individual with a sense of urgency and the desire to make a difference;
- Ability to successfully manage complex customer engagements and projects;
- Ability to identify, hire and motivate field sales staff and sales engineers while holding them to high standards of work product and ethics;
- Strong financially driven business acumen and demonstrated ability and initiative to achieve or exceed assigned contract, order and revenue objectives;
- Well-developed negotiation skills with a good understanding of pricing implications and contract legal aspects/T&Cs;
- A track record of setting and achieving realistic targets, forecasts and exceeding them;
- Willingness to frequently travel in his/her region of responsibility
- Ability to lead and manage an opportunity and sales pipeline
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Back to Careers Page