Senior Network Software Engineer – Librafabric/MPI/High Performance
LOCATION: REMOTE IN THE US
Who We Are:
GigaIO has invented the first truly composable universal dynamic infrastructure fabric, empowering users to accelerate workloads on-demand, using industry-standard PCI Express/soon CXL technology. As a global leader in Composable Infrastructure (CI), our open platform allows users to effortlessly manage and configure “physical” bare metal server systems in seconds. GigaIO’s FabreX™ open architecture allows users to configure their physical server infrastructure on-the-fly while enabling true datacenter disaggregation.
Does getting in on the ground floor of a data center technology that is disrupting the computing, HPC, and AI industry make your heartbeat a little faster? Does the excitement of joining a team of exceptionally talented and motivated technologists at a well-funded, startup sound attractive?
What You Will Do:
Get in on the ground-floor and be a major contributor helping revolutionize the High Performance Computing (HPC) landscape for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning. We are looking for a motivated self-starting Libfabric/MPI/HPC Software Engineer to help build our software platform with an eye towards best-in-class Libfabric/network performance leveraging the unique performance capabilities of FabreXTM High performance Linux software is central to our mission, and squeezing out every last nanosecond of latency and gigabyte of bandwidth is our objective.
The successful candidate will take great joy in seeking out and destroying performance bottlenecks at all layers of the software stack, as well as coming up with designs that take full advantage of our fabric’s unique shared memory interface. Will work with engineering leadership to establish objectives, and execute strategic, cross-functional initiatives to solidify and evolve the architectural foundation for high-performance computing hardware and software products related to OpenFabrics Software (OFED), i.e. MPI, CUDA, RDMA, IB Verbs, Libfabric.
- Familiarity and good understanding of the OFED stack including: MPI, CUDA, RDMA, IB Verbs and Libfabric providers
- Knowledge of Linux kernel space programming as well as Linux systems programming
- Proficiency in C
- Network programming (such as TCP/IP and low-level networking stacks)
- Ability to learn quickly, work with limited direction, and be self-motivated
- Excellent conversational and written communication, and presentation skills
Qualification and Experience:
- 5+ years of development experience in systems software
- Experience writing Linux user and kernel code for high-performance fabrics, I/O devices, such as NVMe, OFED (Infiniband, RoCE, iWARP) or DPDK
- High Performance Networking for TCP- and UDP-based Applications and Applications-driven Performance Evaluation
- Familiarity with OFI (OpenFabrics Interface) and Libfabric architecture.
- Knowledge on MPI standards, multi-core processors, GPGPUs/accelerators, and high-performance networking is desired
- Experience with MPICH, MVAPICH, OpenMPI
- Experience with PCI Express and single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) a plus
- Experience with open source community initiatives a plus
- Strong Linux architecture knowledge
- A clear passion for learning emerging technology independently and BS degree (MS or PhD desired) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar a plus
- $110,000 – $170,000 Depends on Experience