GigaIO provides disruptive interconnect technology to extend PCIe outside the server and across racks to achieve game-changing performance, scalability, and composability for Advanced Scale Computing used in AI/ML/DL, advanced analytics and high-performance computing. The Fabrex™ PCIe Switch interconnect breaks the server boundary to connect dozens to hundreds of heterogeneous compute engines (CPUs, GPUs, FPGAs, ASICs), RDMA Memories, and NVMe storage devices (SSDs) into dynamically composable, high-performance computing systems.
SENIOR MPI/High-Performance Network SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Get in on the ground-floor and be a major contributor helping revolutionize the High Performance Computing (HPC) landscape for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning. We are looking for a motivated self-starting MPI/HPC Software Engineer to help build our software platform and focus on the network, storage and virtualization layers of our customer’s applications. High performance Linux software is central to our mission, and squeezing out every last nanosecond of latency and gigabyte of bandwidth is our objective.
The successful candidate will take great joy in seeking out and destroying performance bottlenecks at all layers of the software stack, as well as coming up with designs that take full advantage of our fabric’s unique shared memory interface. Will work with engineering leadership to establish objectives, and execute strategic, cross-functional initiatives to solidify and evolve the architectural foundation for high-performance computing hardware and software products related to Open Fabrics Software (OFED), i.e. MPI, CUDA, RDMA, IB Verbs, Libfabric.
- A familiarity and good understanding of the OFED stack including: MPI, CUDA, RDMA, IB Verbs and Libfabric providers
- Knowledge of Linux kernel space programming as well as Linux systems programming
- Proficiency in C
- Network programming (such as TCP/IP and low-level networking stacks)
- Ability to learn quickly, work with limited direction, and be self motivated
- Excellent conversational and written communication, and presentation skills
- Experience writing Linux user and kernel code for high-performance fabrics, I/O devices, such as NVMe, OFED (Infiniband, RoCE, iWARP) or DPDK
- High Performance Networking for TCP- and UDP-based Applications and Applications-driven Performance Evaluation
- Knowledge on MPI standards, multi-core processors, GPGPUs/accelerators, and high-performance networking is desired
- Experience with MPICH, MVAPICH, OpenMPI
- Experience with PCI Express and single-root I/O virtualization (SR-IOV) a plus
- Experience with open source community initiatives a plus
- Strong Linux architecture knowledge
- A clear passion for learning emerging technology independently and continuously
- BS degree (MS or PhD desired) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of development experience in systems software
Send your cover letter and resume to Careers@gigaio.com
Back to Careers Page