Choosing the Right Connectivity for the Job
GigaIO Link Express™
Today users are faced with two options for connecting systems and devices.
1) Networking such as Ethernet, or proprietary Infiniband. Though these are good choices to share information between local and/or remote systems, they suffer from inherent overhead and high latency. Consequently, networking results in a connectivity performance bottleneck impacting overall system performance and throughput.
2) A high-speed interconnect can deliver superior performance because of its low latency and high bandwidth. However, some are both proprietary and expensive. To utilize this interconnect users must also acquire servers, storage and other critical components from the vendor further limiting choices and increasing expense.
What the industry requires is an industry standard high performance interconnect fabric.
GigaIO Link Express the Right Interconnect
GigaIO Link Express is an innovative architecture that provides extreme connectivity solutions with industry leading performance;
- Breath taking performance levels are achieved through industry leading end to end low latency and high bandwidth, typically found only with expensive proprietary interconnects. We do it all: storage, IPC, memory, Intel, AMD, ARM, FPGA, GPU. SOC…
- A 100% compliant to PCI SIG interconnect fabric that is both forward and backward compatible. PCI is the industry’s most prolific standard and is supported by all vendor servers, GPUs, storage, FPGA, etc. GigaIO Link Express will provide an interconnect fabric with all existing PCIe resources and future generation resources. Thus, protecting user investment.
GigaIO Link Express is the right interconnect fabric enabling data centers to scale up performance and functionality, higher density and lower power, while preserving their existing investment in PCIe devices.
- Heterogeneous compute
- Heterogeneous storage
- IPC – low message latency
- Simplicity – no extra networking protocols
Applications for Extreme Connectivity
GigaIO’s Extreme Connectivity will unlock the next generation of data center performance and throughput, especially those that require low latency response times and high bandwidth, or are involved with ingesting and analyzing massive amounts of data for real-time predictive analytics.