TITLE: SENIOR FIRMWARE ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT: HARDWARE ENGINEERING
REPORTS TO: HARDWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
LOCATION: CARLSBAD, CA
Who We Are:
GigaIO is a growth stage, well-funded startup, poised to deliver fundamental technology that will revolutionize the economics of data centers at all scales.
GigaIO has invented the first truly composable universal dynamic infrastructure fabric, empowering users to accelerate workloads on-demand, using industry-standard PCI Express/soon CXL technology. As a global leader in composable computing, our open architecture allows users to configure their physical server infrastructure on-the-fly, while enabling true datacenter disaggregation. Our technology enables researchers and data scientists the world over to get to results faster, by enabling the data centers that process their calculations to transform their existing static hardware infrastructure into Software-Defined HardwareTM – reconfigurable on the fly to match the hardware to the workload.
- Develop Host and embedded processor code to interface with complex hardware
- Develop functional code for PIC Microcontroller
- Test and debug of code on prototype hardware
- Work closely with Senior Hardware Engineers on projects
- Interface with Host Software team to understand and consider their requirements
- Participate in methodical troubleshooting to address sustaining issues and fixes
Who You Are:
- Firmware Development Engineer with knowledge of complex digital hardware
- Extensive work experience with code development for Host and embedded processor applications
- Knowledge and experience with API development and its implementation
- Development of Diagnostic programs for prototype bring-up
- Development of automatic production test programs for manufacturing hardware products
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of device drivers a must
- Knowledge and experience with Linux is must
- Knowledge of PCI Express technology highly desirable
- Knowledge of BIOS highly desirable
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation including equity participation with generous benefits package for full time employees.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Location flexibility including an ability to work from home for much of the time.
- Career growth opportunity in an exciting entrepreneurial company on the cusp of massive growth
Send your cover letter and resume to Careers@gigaio.com
Back to Careers Page