TITLE: SENIOR HARDWARE ENGINEER
DEPARTMENT: HARDWARE ENGINEERING
REPORTS TO: HARDWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER
LOCATION: CARLSBAD, CA
Who We Are:
GigaIO is a growth stage, well-funded startup, poised to deliver fundamental technology that will revolutionize the economics of data centers at all scales.
GigaIO has invented the first truly composable universal dynamic infrastructure fabric, empowering users to accelerate workloads on-demand, using industry-standard PCI Express/soon CXL technology. As a global leader in composable computing, our open architecture allows users to configure their physical server infrastructure on-the-fly, while enabling true datacenter disaggregation. Our technology enables researchers and data scientists the world over to get to results faster, by enabling the data centers that process their calculations to transform their existing static hardware infrastructure into Software-Defined HardwareTM – reconfigurable on the fly to match the hardware to the workload.
What You Will Do:
You will be getting on the ground floor at a fast-growing startup with many opportunities to learn and to take your career in several potential directions. As a core member of our team, you will be working with senior architects who will define the requirements of the hardware module/board and embedded firmware components for you to implement in conjunction with a firmware engineer.
Note that this position will work out of our Carlsbad, CA office but is currently hybrid (optional in-office) due to COVID-19 issues.
- Perform the conceptual design of the Hardware Platform to perform the functionalities as described in the Marketing Requirements document
- Perform the detailed design including extensive FPGA code development
- Generate test program to debug prototype board
- Test and debug prototype board to release product to Manufacturing with all of the associated documentation and materials including test procedure and program
Who You Are:
- Hardware development experience with complex intelligent high-speed digital board design
- Extensive work experience with FPGA design including with embedded processors
- Familiar with all state-of-the-art development and simulation tools
- Experience with developing test programs in C code to test hardware
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Knowledge of PCI Express technology highly desirable
- Knowledge of Linux desirable
- Optimal system knowledge desirable
Bachelor/Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation including equity participation with generous benefits package for full time employees.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Location flexibility including an ability to work from home for much of the time.
- Career growth opportunity in an exciting entrepreneurial company on the cusp of massive growth
Send your cover letter and resume to Careers@gigaio.com
Back to Careers Page