Last Updated: February 28th, 2019
As a philosophy, we believe we need certain information about you and your operations to best serve your needs and deliver to you the best possible solutions. Your information is private and we will not knowingly release that information to anyone without your knowledge and consent.
GigaIO uses the information you provide us in the following general ways: Service provision, Service improvement, contact, research and promotion.
GigaIO will not share or sell your email address and other personal information with any third parties except our service providers. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to us or on the Services. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- What information we collect about you
- Information you provide to us: we receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, we collect Personal Information, including but not limited to, your name, job title, company, email address, phone number, address, and device/browser information when you provide information on a form to us, or participate in events or promotions. We also collect and use information you submit through any support or customer portal related to the Services we provide. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some of our services, promotions and offers. If you have provided us with a means of contacting you for particular purposes, we may use such means to communicate with you for those purposes. If you previously provided us with such information but no longer wish to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information we receive from other sources: we work with a global network of business and channel partners. Some of these partners help us to market and promote our products, generate leads for us, and resell our products. In this context, we may receive information such as contact information, company name, what products you have purchased or may be interested in, evaluation information you have provided, what events you have attended, and what country you are in. We also may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Services from third-party partners, such as advertising and market research partners who provide us with information about your interest in and engagement with, our Services and online advertisements.
III. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- How do we use your information?
GigaIO uses personal information for our own internal business operations, and to market, deliver and improve our products and services.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
In addition, we also may use your information to help you complete a transaction or order, to communicate with you, to deliver products/services to you, to bill you for products/services you purchased, and to provide ongoing service and support. Occasionally we may use your information to contact you to complete surveys that we use for quality assurance purposes.
We may also use your personal information to send you (or have our business partners or marketing agencies send you on our behalf) marketing information or to contact you for marketing research. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving marketing materials you choose to unsubscribe from. You will continue to receive communications such as receipts, confirmation emails and customer service updates that are considered necessary to provide the service to you.
- Third-party disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Information unless we provide you with advance notice. We may release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Opting out:
Consistent with applicable laws, including United States CAN-SPAM laws, you can opt out of certain email communications after having opted in by clicking “unsubscribe” on those communications. Note, however, that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us regarding your account with the Support portions of the Website. We may also continue to respond to specific inquiries or requests you submit to GigaIO after you opt out of other email communications.
VII. EUROPEAN RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Information, as outlined below.
For this section, “Personal Information” has the same meaning as “personal data” as defined in the GDPR and the term “processing” as it is defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Information” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. GigaIO will be the controller of your Personal Information processed in connection with the Services. If GigaIO processes your Personal Information on behalf of a client, GigaIO operates as a data processor and this section does not apply to GigaIO’s processing.
We will only process your Personal Information if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
We process the following categories of Personal Information when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
In some cases, we process Personal Information based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Information based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
Other Processing Grounds:
From time to time we may also need to process Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
VIII. What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Information?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Information, if necessary, to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Information we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Information. You can also access certain of your Personal Information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data by emailing email@example.com.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Information from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Information based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Information for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Information.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Information with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
- Transfers of Personal Data
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through GigaIO and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Information about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to GigaIO in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize GigaIO to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. pursuant to a data processing agreement incorporating standard data protection clauses promulgated by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
5924 Balfour Court, Suite 101
Carlsbad, CA 92008
United State of America