Speed Genomic Analysis with 32 GPUs
in a Single Node
The GigaIO SuperNODE™ is the first single-node server with up to 32 accelerators and 1 petabyte of storage.
The power of all these accelerators seamlessly connected by FabreX™ can now be harnessed to drastically speed up time to results. SuperNODE can connect up to 32 AMD Instinct™ MI210 accelerators and up to 24 NVIDIA A100s; other types of accelerators will be validated as testing progresses.
SuperNODE In the News
Genomic Sequencing Challenges
- Sequencers are getting faster and faster, swamping genomics pipelines
- Secondary Analysis processing times are now the bottleneck in genomics
- Personalized Medicine is throttled by the lack of computing resources
Want to try your own code on SuperNODE for free?Request access to our lab.
GigaIO SuperNODE with FabreX Dynamic Memory Fabric
- Connects up to 32 AMD Instinct™ MI210 GPUs or 24 NVIDIA A100s and up to 1PB storage to a single off-the-shelf server
- Enables lower power, adaptive GPU supercomputing
- Delivers the ability to train large models with tools like PyTorch or TensorFlow, scaling via peer-to-peer communication on a single node, instead of MPI over several nodes
- Accelerators can be split over several servers, and scale using node-to-node communication for larger data sets
Benefits of GigaIO SuperNODE
- Speed Secondary Analysis
- Keep code simple: use your existing software without any changes – “It just works”
- Easily expand accelerator resources to keep up with future sequencers
- A single node solution reduces network overhead, cost, latency, and server administration
- Save on power consumption (7KW per 32-GPU deployment)
- Save on rack space (30% per 32-GPU deployment)
- Immediate availability with no supply chain delay
Composable Disaggregated Infrastructure for Genomic Workloads
The GigaIO SuperNODE can connect up to 32 AMD Instinct™ MI210 GPUs or 24 NVIDIA A100s to a single node at the same latency and performance as if they were physically located inside the server box. The power of all these accelerators, seamlessly connected by GigaIO’s transformative PCIe memory fabric, FabreX, can now be harnessed to drastically speed up time to results.
Speed Analysis With Targeted FPGA and GPU Acceleration
The SuperNODE is a simplified system capable of scaling multiple accelerator technologies such as GPUs and FPGAs without the latency, cost, and power overhead required for multi-CPU systems.
See For Yourself
Made Possible by FabreX
The GigaIO SuperNODE is powered by FabreX, GigaIO’s transformative high-performance PCIe memory fabric. In addition to enabling unprecedented device-to-node configurations, FabreX is also unique in making possible node-to-node and device-to-device communication across the same high-performance PCIe memory fabric. FabreX can span multiple servers and multiple racks to scale up single-server systems and scale out multi-server systems, all unified via the FabreX software.
Resources normally located inside of a server — including accelerators such as GPUs and FPGAs, storage, and even memory — can now be pooled in accelerator or storage enclosures, where they are available to all of the servers in the system. These resources and servers continue to communicate over the FabreX native PCIe memory fabric for the lowest possible latency and highest possible bandwidth performance, just as they would if they were still plugged into the server motherboard.
Unprecedented Compute Capability Available Now
Available today for emerging AI and accelerated computing workloads, the SuperNODE engineered solution, part of the GigaPod family, offers both unprecedented accelerated computing power when you need it, and the ultimate in flexibility and in accelerator utilization when your workloads only require a few GPUs.