“ARE YOU AN HPC GURU?” CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- This contest is sponsored by GigaIO (the “Sponsor”) located at 5924 Balfour Court, Suite 101, Carlsbad, California 92008.
- Eligibility: Contest (the “Contest”) is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Employees of GigaIO, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as they relate to the Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted in person only at the PEARC22 conference starting on Tuesday, July 12, 2022 and ending on Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at precisely 12:45 PM ET. All entries must be received by July 13, 2022 at 12:45 PM ET so that the winner can be announced at approximately 1:00 PM.
- How to Enter: Visit the GigaIO Exhibit table during the PEARC22 Exhibit where you will have access to a QR code which directs you to our mobile friendly online quiz, “Are You an HPC Guru?”. Submit an entry using the online form provided at the end of the online quiz. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You may enter the Contest only once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: One winner will receive an R2-D2™ LEGO® Set. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning are determined by the total number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The winner must be present at the PEARC22 conference to win. The prize can not be shipped. The Sponsor will announce the winner in person on Wednesday, July 13th at approximately 1:00 PM ET. The winner will be notified via call or text and emailed. The winner must be present at PEARC to win and pick up their prize in person. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise nonfunctioning contact information. If the selected winner is not present, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within the above stated timeframe, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest you understand that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, the Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Contest you agree to receive email communications periodically from GigaIO. You can opt out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, GigaIO and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively submit to the jurisdiction of the Federal and State courts of California. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winner List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received no later than July 13, 2022.