Applications for Extreme Connectivity
GigaIO’s FabreX unlocks the next generation of capabilities in data center performance and throughput, especially where low latency response times and high bandwidth are crucial, or where massive amounts of data needs to be analyzed for real-time predictive analytics.
Choosing the Right Connectivity for the Job
Users and data center managers are faced with two options for connecting resources within multi-rack systems (aka POD, cells, or clusters):
- Networks such as Ethernet, Fibre Channel or InfiniBand. Though these are good choices to share information between local and/or remote systems, they suffer from inherent overhead and high latency, creating connectivity performance bottlenecks impacting overall system performance and throughput.
- A high-speed interconnect such as Intel’s Omni-Path, Cray’s Aries or InfiniBand can deliver superior performance because of built-in lower latency and higher bandwidth. However, they can be both proprietary and expensive, locking the user into also acquiring servers, storage and other critical components from one vendor.
What the industry needs is a high performance fabric based on a recognized industry standard.
GigaIO FabreX is the Right Network
This innovative architecture that delivers extreme connectivity solutions with industry leading performance.
- Achieve breathtaking performance levels through end-to-end low latency and high bandwidth, typically found only with expensive proprietary interconnects. We connect it all: storage, IPC, memory, Intel, AMD, ARM, FPGA, GPU, SoC, etc.
- An interconnect fabric 100% compliant with PCI SIG, that is both forward and backward compatible. PCI Express is the industry’s most prevalent standard and is supported by all vendors (servers, GPUs, storage, FPGA, etc.). The FabreX hyper-performance network protects your investment in all existing and future generation PCIe resources.
GigaIO FabreX also breaks the constraints of old architectures, opening up new configuration possibilities to maximize utilization of all elements within your advanced scale computing systems.
- Heterogeneous compute
- Heterogeneous storage
- IPC – low message latency
- No unnecessary added networking protocols